Friday 28 November 2014

Film: Project 3


During the film project we were asked to make a short film on pretty much any subject or topic of our choice, but were asked not to make in relation to a hidden deeper meaning. To start the project we read an extract from a book about cannibalism, and also watched an Asian film that was about these old women having a conversation and talking about music and there husbands and an ex boyfriend of one of the women that must have been one of the older women's daughters. The film then jumped to a scene in a gym with the women in the middle and children playing badminton around them, I wasn't entirely sure what this film was about as it seem quite random and the people in it were speaking in a foreign language and you had to read the subtitles to understand what they were saying. This meant that you either had to focus on what was happening on the screen and what they were doing or focus on the subtitles to understand what they were saying as it was hard to do both.
I had never made an art film before, but decided that I wanted it make it in relation to the last project that we did, which was listen, and I decided that I was going to make a film based on conversations and in particular conversational gestures that people make with there hands without actually thinking about what they are doing, and how taking these images out of context and removing the sound can change the way that we understand the meaning of the conversation. I found that it was quite difficult to actually create the film and that it isn't as simple as it looks, you have to make sure that the lighting is right and not too dark or too light and if you are holding the video camera, making sure that you hold it steady and everything that you want in the video is in frame and in focus.
However out of the projects that we have done so far I think this is the one that I have enjoyed the least as I found that it is a lot more difficult than you would think to capture good footage, although I did quite like editing the video even tough I found that quite hard too.

No comments:

Post a Comment