Monday 18 April 2016

Developing into Circles


During this project I came to a point where I felt like I was stuck, I had hit a mental art block.
To start this project I decided that I was going to paint, therefore I joined the painting project group, and for a while this was going well and I was really happy with the work that I was creating. However as I got to the half way point of the year I think I just got sick of painting and couldn't figure out a way of developing my paintings further as I wasn't really happy with anything I had tried or any of the ideas I had.
I then started experimenting with the collages, using found imagery and some sections from my paintings, but I still wasn't happy with these pieces. I liked them and I think that they worked well, however I just felt that their aesthetic wasn't really what I wanted for this project, and they didn't really fit in with my other work.
One thing that I did like about the collages was the circle idea, this also links back to some of the other experiments that I did at the start of the year in my sketchbook.
I started looking into art in science and found some really interesting cell and petri dish art and this is when I started to develop my work in a sort of abstract circular way.
 
Hand cut paper microbes and pathogens - Rogan Brown (Colossal)_Pinterest  

Jane Lee - Cells_ Pinterest

The Daily Dish - Klari Reis_ Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment