Friday 15 January 2016

Circle Experiments 1

 
These are some mixed media experiments that I have created based on stills from the film 'Fantastic Voyage' and images of cells and blood cells.   
I created them all in a circular shape as most of he human body is very flowing and natural in shape and form with no real straight lines of sharp edges. The fact that zoomed into the images and magnified them when I was drawing meant that the outcomes became really abstract and pattern like. They also ended up looking like mold and bacteria growing in a petri dish, which was quite interesting. 
I also used some map, to collage on some of the experiments as it reminded my of veins and vessels, I think that this worked out quite well.
I created half of the experiments in black and white and the other half in colour, this was interesting as the black and white samples became a lot more abstract looking than the coloured ones, as it was mainly the red/brown colour that kept the coloured samples more real looking.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment