Saturday 16 January 2016

Veins Of The Human Heart - Watercolour


This is an A6 watercolour painting of a human heart stripped of all its fat and muscle, to expose all the veins. I really liked this image as I had never seen the veins of the heart exposed like that before and thought that it was a beautiful and delicate image.
I found that this pieces really lent itself to watercolour and the technique that I used to create it. I created the thin lines for the veins by blowing the paint around the page using a straw, this worked really well and meant that the lines became very mess and intricate, just like the veins in the image I painted it from. It would have taken me a long time to paint all the lines individually with a paint brush and I don't think that it would have had as good of an effect to it, as it would have been a little to neat. 
 
 


1 comment: