Tuesday 12 January 2016

Uni - 2nd Year [New Project] - Painting

 
Fantastic Voyage - Painting Project
 
At the start of the year we were give the choice of four projects to take part in over the year, out of the choices I chose the painting project, and the sub-theme of 'Fantastic Voyage'.
The 'Fantastic Voyage theme was based on the film of the same name, and explore the inside of the human body.
 
My plan for this project is to explore the human body by looking at what is underneath the skin. As I have been researching this theme I have looked at a lot of anatomical and medical illustrations (mainly on Pinterest). And by looking at more fine art and abstract illustrations I have come across many images and collages that incorporate floral aspects, this is something that I would like to explore and experiment with in my own work, as I thought that this was an interesting concept as human and floral anatomy is very similar.
To make my work different to the images that I have seen during my research I plan to incorporate dead and dried flowers into my drawings and paintings. This idea was formed when I was researching, and that when the very first anatomical drawings were created there wasn't any of the technology that we have today to help us look under the skin and inside the body, this meant that they had to draw from dead bodies to create accurate images. And I wanted to have a link to the history by including and drawing from dead flowers in my pieces.
 
During this project I would like to create beautiful, detailed and accurate anatomy and ecorche illustrations that incorporate flowers in an interesting way.

No comments:

Post a Comment