Wednesday 13 January 2016

Life Drawing 1



Evaluation So Far:
On Thursday mornings I have been attending the life drawing classes, and so far I have really enjoyed these sessions. During the classes I have been incorporating my initial project ideas into my work and I feel that this has worked really well and I have created some really interesting and unique pieces.
I have incorporated flowers into my life drawings and paintings, in a few different ways (see images below). I particularly like the line drawings, as I think that they are quite unusual and I feel visually they work really well. (In some ways they are an extension and development of some of the pieces/collages that I created for my obsessions project last year (see images), yet they fit well into this years project too). I think that they make really cool/weird little illustrations.
I also created tis watercolour painting in a similar way (during the same session). I drew in flowers instead of including the head and face within the piece to add a little mystery to it and to keep the subject/model anonymous. I feel that this makes the painting more interesting than it just being a traditional life drawing piece, and this anonymous technique is something that I would like to experiment and continue with a lot more during the rest of this project.    
 
 



 
A piece from my project last year that is visually similar:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment