Saturday 16 January 2016

Neck And Chest - Watercolour


This is an A3 watercolour painting based on what is underneath the skin of the neck and cheat. I thought this image was really interesting as it has a lot of different aspects and elements to it such as; bone, muscle, tissue and fat.
I created this piece using the same technique as my other, smaller A6 pieces, using watercolour and a fine 0.25mm liner pen.
I also included the dead flowers like I did in my small work, however I feel that this piece was much easier to paint as it is much bigger and I could include a lot more detail into this piece.
I feel that if you saw this (someone with their skin removed and their muscles and one showing) in real life, or if a painted it in a photorealist style, it would be pretty gross and gory, however I feel that this technique and the inclusion of the flowers makes the image/subject almost delicate looking a quite beautiful/pretty.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment