Friday 15 January 2016

Dissected Throat - Watercolour

This is a painting of a throat that has been dissected, however I feel that this piece didn't really work out as well as the other paintings that I have created so far, as it is quite difficult to make out what the painting is of. I think that it would have worked better if I had done it on a bigger piece of paper, as I think that that is the problem. The A6 paper was too small for this image and if I had done it bigger I would have been able to fit the whole image onto the page and it would have been a much more clear piece.
Also I think that the flowers are not defined enough in this piece and that they blend in with the image too much and there is no distinct end/edge to the flowers.
I still like this piece, as I know what it is supposed to be (as I painted it and saw the original image that I painted it from). However I do think that it is my least favourite I have painted so far during this project. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment