Wednesday 13 January 2016

Open Mouth With Flower - Watercolour


My idea for this piece came from the research I had done, looking at images from 'Fantastic Voyage' and on Pinterest.
 
I liked the idea of the flowers growing inside the body and the being able to see them once the body was dissected. (This reminded me of the stories that you get told as a child about the kid that ate the orange seed and then an orange tree grew inside them)
I also found these images on Pinterest these Lynn Skordal images (Flower Torture - You Must Eat This Marigold) and thought that they were really interesting images, and inspired this watercolour painting.
 
Lynn Skordal:
 
 
My Watercolour Painting:

 
I think this painting worked well and this technique make the painting more interesting unusual and striking.


No comments:

Post a Comment