Tuesday 21 April 2015

James Dawes


I wanted to look at James Dawes' work, as I felt that it most linked in to my own work and the ideas I had starting this project. Also I found this artist in a fashion magazine (Elle) when I was looking for images and inspiration. When I found these images I had never hear of Dawes, however I found that his work was very similar to the ideas that I wanted to create. So I played around with some images to try and create similar images to these.
What I like most about his work is the way that it is arranged and composed. I find that way that he uses images actually from the magazines to create new images for that magazine really interesting and unusual. I also enjoy that he incorporates other images into his work, such as the flowers and other abstract shapes, colours and textures.
I plan to create a number of different collages in a similar style to these though out this project, however I plan to create my collages by hand using images I find in fashion magazines.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment