Thursday 23 April 2015

Tea Bags - Wax 1

 
To create these wax trapped tea bag collages, I did them in the same way I did the white ones, however before I emptied the tea out, I soaked them in warm water so that they would become brown from the tea. I think that this worked really well and that they look a lot nicer and more interesting than the clean white ones, as the brown tinge to the tea bag created a really nice effect on the images that I put inside, and almost became like a filter on the images. I do feel that some of the images in the clean white tea bags were clearer and it is easier to see what they actually are. That been said I don't really plan to create any more of the white tea bag collages, but I do plan on creating more like these.
I really enjoy the process of this technique, as it is really easy and you can create a lot of work in a relatively short space of time. However you are restricted by the size as the tea bags are only one size, and I think it would be nice if I could make them bigger.
 




 



 

 



 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment