Wednesday 22 April 2015

My Collages 4


 
This is one of my favourite pieces, as I think that it works really well. to create this collage I used images out of Elle magazine, I cut out two heads, one I cut out completely and the other I only cut out the face. I then replace the original face with the second one that I had cut out. I used black thread to stitch them together, then replaced the eyes and lips and made them completely oversized and out of proportion to the rest of the face.
I feel that this piece works well and to me represents how people feel about the fashion industry and how people want to change the way that they look to fit in with impossible standards of beauty. And the way that people aspirer to look exactly like certain celebrities.
 
    


No comments:

Post a Comment