Wednesday 22 April 2015

Letters Collage 1


To create this collage, I cut out individual letters from different magazines, so that they were all different sizes, colours and fonts. I then positioned them carefully to create words/phrases. For this piece I used a line from a song by the vaccines, called 'Handsome', as I felt the lyrics really fitted in with the themes of my work. The idea came from looking into obsession, the word and what people do/way that they act when they are obsessed. This led me to 'Ransom' style notes and letters, written by super-fans to their favourite celebrity. I thought that this style of image making linked really well with all my themes and I would still be using found imagery to create them. I feel this works really well especially with the types of lettering and fonts that you get in magazines.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment