Wednesday 22 April 2015

My Collages 2


 
 
This is an A5 collage sample I created on an envelope. I think this image/collage works really well, as I feel that it is a really good visual representation of my themes (celebrity obsession, masks, etc.) And is pretty much what I imagined my work was going to look like when I stared this project. I cut the face out of a magazine, however I didn't include the hair, ears or neck as I wanted it to be reminiscent of a mask to reflect the fact that people use make up as a mask, and change their appearance. I also replaced the lips on this image (and many of the other collages that I have created), as it is a common thing for celebrities to change their bodies, with make-up and even more extreme, plastic surgery.
 
I used masking tape and stitching to secure the images to the envelopes , this is also in reflection of the fact that plastic surgery is very popular with celebrities. However I also wanted it to reflect the way I am looking into the theme of celebrity obsession and to make it almost like the pieces were created by someone completely obsessed. The masking tape to show that they were in a hurry and didn't have time to stick the images down properly. It is also not as permanent as glue either, so the images could easily be moved around and rearranged, almost like those paper dolls with the tabs that children play with.
The stitching is a reaction to the stitches that are associated with plastic surgery and changing the way that you look.
 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment